Wednesday 2 October 2019

Gandhiji’s Views on Religion


Gandhiji’s Views on Religion
On his 150th birth anniversary let us recollect  some religious  views of Gandhiji , which  are as appreciable  today as they ever were  and  will remain so in future, too..     
 1.My religion is based on truth and non-violence. Truth is my God. Non-violence is the means of realising Him.
2.Rama, Allah and God are to me convertible terms.
3.. For me, Rama and Rahim are one and the same deity.
4. By Ram Raj I do not mean Hindu Raj. I mean by Ram Raj, Divine Raj, the Kingdom  of God.
5. My Hinduism teaches me to respect all religions.  In this lies the secret of Ramarajya. 
6. Hinduism has absorbed the best of all faiths of the world and in that sense Hinduism was not an exclusive religion.
7..Hinduism with its message of ahimsa is to me the most glorious religion in the world.
8.My Hindu instinct tells me that all  religions are more or less true.
9.Hindu Dharma is like a boundless ocean teeming with priceless gems.
10. Belief in one God is the cornerstone of all religions.
11. The final goal of all religions is to realise the essential oneness.
12.” Do  not worry in the least about yourself, leave all worry to God,” this appears to be the commandment in all  religions.
                                                                                                - G. R. KANWAL
     

No comments:

Post a Comment