Wednesday 21 July 2021

MY COLLEGE DAYS

 

MY COLLEGE DAYS

From school to college was a big change. It was a movement from a big campus to a bigger one; from an enclosed atmosphere to an open and liberal environment, and from the status of kids to that of young adults. The behaviour code was also in tune with one’s adulthood of legitimate freedom. The school kept me under thumb and to some extent restrained my developmental instincts whereas the college encouraged them, and allowed me to unfold myself with full potential in both academic and co-academic areas.

I realised that college faculty was more humanistic and progressive. It believed in opening up the minds of the students and make them forward-looking. It was a dedicated lot itself and  loved to create the  same spirit of dedication among its students.  It felt proud of abandoning the outdated methodology and infrastructure as quickly as possible to meet the demands of the fast-changing intellectual and technological world  of today.  This was my most inspiring experience during the whole period  of my college days.    

My first interaction with the teaching faculty of my course of study was very delightful. I found that  every teacher was highly learned and efficient and  measured up to the great expectations of the students. Each one of them was well- equipped with the latest teaching skills, and apart from upgrading himself day in and day out, spared time to  monitor the progress of the students almost religiously. This created  among the students a passion for more and more learning. There were also frequent question-answer sessions where differences of views and personal originality of students was welcomed rather than discouraged.

            As for my peers, they belonged to highly cultured families, believed in exchanging and sharing notes , were both competitive and co-operative. The finest thing was that   whenever we met as  peers groups, we talked less about studies and more about the funny things of life. This helped us in forming permanent friendships which we will continue to cherish  throughout our  life.

            The college  had  a good variety of sports; sports teachers took care to keep the sports rooms full of sports items demanded by the students. Personally,  I felt that whenever I took part in my favourite game…………..my whole body got its due gratification and made me realise that a complete man does not read only books but also plays games.

            Besides sports, the college provided in many other co-curricular activities like debates, painting, dramatics, music , dance, outdoor excursions and competitive activities suggested by the teachers or groups of students.

            As regards placement, as the final year course was about to reach completion  , there various private and public organisations to select the personnel required by them. The calibre  and ranking of the college was very high, so every student was lucky enough to be picked up. I got placement in__________where I had the very first gratifying  administrative experience  due to my superiors and  the congenial working environment.

Though the distance between my residence and the first ever workplace  was very long and physically tiresome, nonetheless it was mentally and emotionally; and I will never forget because it was my maiden  professional love affair.

                        --------------------

 

 

  

       

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment