Monday 10 October 2022

THERE IS BUT ONE GOD

 

THERE IS BUT ONE GOD

I feel puzzled when some determined devotee of a religion tells me that there are many gods and one can choose any one of them for his regular worship. 

According to my observation it is not so; I ab convinced that  there is only one God, one Creator, one Supreme deity who rules over the whole world. Had there been many Gods, there would have been many skies, many moons, many  suns and  many globes. But it is not so.

Of the many prayers which I have come across, it is the Morning Prayer of Guru Nanak (1469-1538) known as Japji which confirms my belief in the Oneness of God. It is composed in Punjabi language and its English version reads as follows:   

There is but one God whose name is true, the Creator, devoid of fear and enmity, immortal, unborn, self-existent. The True One was in the beginning; the True One is now also, O Nanak; the True One also shall be.   

By thinking I cannot obtain a conception of Him, even if I think hundreds of thousands of times.

True is He, true is His name which is spoken with love. At the ambrosial hour of morning, we should meditate on His true name and Greatness. He cannot be described by words.  He is the single giver, the one single  Bestower on all living beings. To get from Him, what I want  I should not forget Him and utter His name with love.

                                                *********

10th October 2022                                                                   G.R.Kanwal

                                               

    

No comments:

Post a Comment