Sunday 28 July 2024

MY SELECTED QUOTES ----PART 4

 

MY SELECTED QUOTES ----PART 4

1.     (a). A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; but still will keep a bower quiet for , and a sleep full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing. ---The English Romantic poet John Keats (1795-1821).  

(b). Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. -----John Keats.

( c ). Beauty is truth, truth beauty – that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.----John Keats.

(d). I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart’s affections, and the truth of imagination. ----John Keats.

(e) . My Creed is Love and you are its only tenet ---You have ravish’d me away by a Power I cannot resist; and yet I could resist till I saw you; and even since I have seen you I have endeavoured often to reason against the reasons of my Love. I can do that no more --- the pain would be too great. --- My Love is selfish. John Keats.

2.     (a). Drive my dead thoughts over the universe, like withered leaves, to quicken a new birth; and by the incantation of this verse, scatter, as from an un unextinguished hearth ashes and sparks, my words among mankind! Be through my lips to unawakened earth the trumpet of a prophecy ! O Wind, if Winter comes, can Spring be far behind. ----English Romantic Poet P.B. Shelley (1792-1822).

(b). We look before and after, and pine for what is not, our sincerest laughter with some pain is fraught. -----P.B.Shelley.

( c ). A poet is a nightingale, who sits in darkness and sings to cheer its own solitude with sweet sounds.

3.     Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest, the tree of knowledge is not the tree of life. ----English Romantic Poet Lord Byron (1788-1824).

G.R.Kanwal

28 July 2o24

No comments:

Post a Comment