WISDOM
‘Wisdom’ is defined as the ability to
take sensible decision and give good advice to others because you have enough
experience and knowledge with regard to their difficulties and problems.
Some common synonyms of wisdom are:
knowledge, intelligence, prudence, discretion, sagacity, erudition, learning,
common sense, understanding, judgment, insight, experience, and discernment.
It is okay to call potato a vegetable
but not wisdom to place it among apples which are fruit.
In his poem “Lord, Make A Regular Man
Out Of Me , the British-born American
poet Edgar A. Guest (1881-1959) writes:
I
would like to be –
Just
a bit wiser because I am older,
Just
a bit kinder to those I meet,
Just
a bit manlier taking defeat;
…..just
a bit quicker to stretch out my hand
Helping
another who’s struggling to stand
….I
would like to be ---just a bit fairer,
Just
a bit better, and just a bit squarer,
Not
quite so ready to censure and blame,
Quicker
to help every man in the game.
Wisdom
has a touch of friendliness, not of enmity. It helps the rivals and the needy,
does not hinder or harm them. It is a blessing for those who approach it for
guidance, for light in darkness, for knowledge in ignorance, and for experience
in ignorance.
Finally,
this quote: Wisdom is to the mind what health is to the body.----French author
Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613-1680).
********
G.R.Kanwal
20 September 2026
No comments:
Post a Comment