Thursday 31 August 2023

HEALTH IS WEALTH

 

HEALTH IS WEALTH

When I was a school boy, my language teacher told me almost daily : 1. Health is wealth. 2. If money is lost, nothing is lost; if health is lost some thing is lost; but if character is lost every thing is lost. These were good sayings. I even absorbed them in my mind. However, later in life I learnt more valuable views about heath some of which are as follows.

            (a)Without health, life is not life. (b) Take care of your health; you have no right to neglect it. (c) To preserve health is a moral and religious duty, because health is the basis of all social virtues. (d) Health is certainly more valuable than money, because it is by health that money is procured. (e)Life is not to live, but to be well. (f)To become a thoroughly good man is the best prescription, for keeping a sound mind in a sound body.(g) Be sober and temperate, and you will be healthy. (h) He who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything.

                                                                        *******

 

G. R. Kanwal

31st August 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment