Wednesday 22 November 2023

GOD IS EVERYWHERE

 

                GOD IS  EVERYWHERE

The following lines under the title “God Is Everywhere” have been extracted by me from a long poem “Song of Myself” written by the American poet and essayist Walt Whitman (1819-1892).

            “Why should I wish to see God better than this day? I see something of God each hour of the twenty-four, and each moment then,/In the faces of men and women I see God, and in my own face in the glass,/I find letters from God dropt in the street , and every one is sign’d by God’s name,/And I leave them where they are, for I know that wheresoev’er I go, others will punctually come for ever and ever.“

                                                            ********

G.R.Kanwal

22nd November 2023

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment