Monday 9 October 2023

LOOK UP

 

          LOOK  UP

‘‘LOOK UP” is one of the shortest poems by the American statesman, author and orator Edward Everett Hale (1822-1909). He is best known for his writings such as “The Man” and two best quotes : (1) I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. (2) Coming together is a beginning Keeping together is progress; working together is success.

                        “Look Up” is a four-line inspirational poem. It reads like this:

                        Look up and not down.

                        Look forward and not back.

                        Look out and not in.

                        Lend a hand.

Each line inspires the reader to be better than what he is.  He should be optimistic, not pessimistic; progressive, not regressive; extrovert, not introvert and a helper to others whenever and wherever necessary.

                                                *******

G.R.Kanwal

9th October 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment