Monday, 31 August 2026

SOME EXRACTS FROM FAMOUS POEMS

 

                   SOME EXRACTS FROM FAMOUS POEMS

1.    From The Stream’s Song

Crumble, crumble,

Voiceless things;

No faith can last

That never sings.

     …….

2.     The woods are lovely, dark and deep,

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep

And miles to go before I sleep.---By Robert Frost

          ………

3.     And if I pray, the only prayer

That moves my lips for me

Is, ‘Leave the heart that now I bear

And give me Liberty !----Emily Bronte

                   ..…….

4.     They are slaves who fear to speak

For the fallen and the weak ;

They are slaves who will not choose

Hatred, scoffing, and abuse ;

Rather than in silence shrink

From the truth hey needs must think;

They are slaves who dare not be

In the right with two or three.----James Russell Lowell

                              ………

5.     I would be true, for there are those who trust me;

I would be pure, for there are those who care ;

I would be strong, for there is much to suffer;

I would strong, for there is much to dare. ……Howard Arnold Walter

                              ……….

6.     Blessed am I that I am born to this land and that

I had the luck to love her-------

      The first light revealed to my eyes was from

Her own sky and let the same light kiss

Them before they are closed for ever.…….. Rabindranath Tagore

                              *******

G.R.Kanwal

31st August 2026         

                 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment